One of the coolest experiential marketing campaigns I’ve ever seen is undoubtedly the Charmin NYC Restroom Experience. The idea was conceptualised and implemented by a company Gigunda as a means to provide consumers to interact with the Charmin brand in a really meaningful way.
The NYC restrooms had some amazing results:
- An average of 10,400 visitors per day (more than the Statue of Lberty!)
- A total of 428,328 families that visited
- 464,600,000 media impressions
- Coined the “Disneyland of Restrooms” by the NY Times
- Multiples airings on every major US TV Network
- 400 user generated videos posted on YouTube
- An average brand interaction of 22 uninterupted minutes per visitor
Make sure you check out the Charmin NYC Restrooms video (courtesy Gigunda).